Software & Electronics Engineer - MGT
Mitutoyo’s MGT (Mitutoyo Gauging Technology) is the UK leader in bespoke solutions to the Metrology market with both UK and Global customers. Due to retirement we are seeking an experienced Software & Electronics Engineer to join our design team in MGT, based in the Coventry office.
From one-off fixtures to fully automated measurement systems, MGT meet the simplest or most complicated measurement challenge. MGT boasts a high profile customer base across the Aerospace, Automotive and Orthopaedic industries but also serve many other sectors.
Examples of the bespoke projects that MGT get involved in can be seen at our website by following this link: www.mitutoyo-gauging-technology.co.uk/
The Software & Electronics Engineer will focus on the design of software and electronic systems. You will work with our Controls Manager and alongside our Mechanical Design Engineers and Technicians on a daily basis as projects are taken from the initial concept through to testing and then delivery. This will encompass all activities throughout the design process including:
- Understanding and interpreting customer requirements.
- The invention of novel ideas (concepts) to meet customer requirements.
- Critical appraisal of yours and others designs within the design team to ensure robustness of design.
- Windows software design in C++.
- Electronic design
- You'll hold an HND/Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Have appropriate experience in Windows C++ software design.
- Have appropriate experience in electronic systems design.
- Have appropriate experience in the integration of software with control systems.
- Experience of fault finding on electrical and electronic systems.
- An aptitude for problem solving and the ability to develop solutions for complex problems.
- Have excellent IT skills Desirable requirements.
- Have experience of industrial networking (Profinet or other protocols)
- Full time
To apply for this position or for more information, please contact MGT General Manager Simon Elliott firstname.lastname@example.org